Registration is now open for our Beekeeping 101 and 102 classes to be held Sat, Feb 27 and Sat, Mar 27. Only $25 for members, $50 for non-members.
SFBA Members can order bee packages and queens on our online store. If you haven’t paid your 2021 dues, please do so with your order.
Tell everyone you’re a beekeeper with SFBA caps and tote bags!
The San Francisco Beekeepers Association is the premier organization for beekeepers in our city.
Our mission is to:
- promote the welfare of honeybees and those who manage them
- perform public outreach on behalf of bees to schools and civic groups
- conduct classes to train incoming beekeepers on the art and science of managing bees
- define and promote safe, community-friendly and environmentally sound beekeeping practices
- maintain equipment such as extractors that are vital to beekeeping
- help San Francisco beekeepers replenish lost stock with annual “bee pack” purchases, and
- offer swarm removal provider referrals to the public.
Membership costs just $30 per year ($40 for a family membership) and you can join the club now online.
Come to our next meeting… when it’s safe to resume them!
The SF Beekeepers meet on the first Wednesday of every month at 7 pm at St. John Armenian Apostolic Church, 275 Olympia Way.
Meetings start with a general Q&A followed by an expert speaker. All meetings are free and open to the public, and visitors, experienced beekeepers and would-be beekeepers are all invited.
Your membership costs just $30/year (or $40 for the whole family) and includes:
- Discounts on beekeeping classes and events
- Access to club equipment including extractors, hive carriers, candle molds, frame jigs, observation hive, plus an extensive library of beekeeping books and media
- Access to our annual bulk purchase of “bee packs” (fertilized queen and approx. 5,000 bees) from reputable breeders
- Discounted subscriptions to Bee Culture or American Bee Journal magazines
- Plus, mentoring, advice and support from the friendliest and most knowledgeable beekeepers in the city
Want to be a beekeeper?
We offer beekeeping classes every February and March to train incoming beekeepers. Classes are open to the public and at a discounted rate to members; you can either get on our mailing list or join the club now to be be notified when & how to sign up.
Need help with a swarm?
A “swarm” is a large mass of honeybees clinging to an object such as a tree branch or bush, side of house, or even just on the ground.
The San Francisco Beekeepers Association provides swarm and honeybee removal referral as a service to the public. We are neither an oversight nor a certification organization for beekeepers. If you engage the services of anyone on the list, please be aware that you are engaging the services of that beekeeper as an individual, not hiring them as an agent of the San Francisco Beekeepers Association. Problems are rare, but if one occurs, it is a matter between you and the individual that you engaged to handle your bee situation. We welcome feedback but can’t mediate your situation.